Monday, July 26, 2010

Wild Things

Currently sitting in the studio - I've had a great day so far - Kara and I went for breakfast at Fresh where i had a tofu scramble along with a tall glass of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (my favourite), and kicking horse coffee (also my favourite). It's been so hot out lately we slid our sweaty way to the studio where we both proceeded to start new paintings and then headed off to Metamorphosis Custom Tattoo and Body Piercing where Kara got a tooth gem and I got my septum pierced. Fun fun! Now I'm back at the studio taking advantage of the free internet and air conditioning (neither of which my apartment has right now...)



Last week was also the Fringe in Winnipeg so even though I was working most nights and wasn't able to get to as many shows as I wanted to, I'm glad I was able to make it to Wild Things A Rock Opera. My painting buddy Megan Driedger made the set for the show and her boyfriend, Jesse Krause, is the lead singer of Flying Fox and the Hunter Gatherers who were putting on the show. The show was amazing - it won Best of the Fest and it's always so satisfying to have a show that both adults and kids can enjoy - the music and set design was incredible and the kids sitting behind us were loving the music makers that were handed out :) I'm also so excited for Flying Fox to release their new Wild Things cd of songs from the show - check out this snippit!



The other day my friend Suzie sent me this video by her friend Chris Hefner in Chicago. 'L'Ortolan' is a collaboration between Chris and Lilli Carre. I think Suzie sending me this video was perfect timing with things I've been thinking about in regards to recently becoming a vegan and the things I would like to make art about come September during my thesis (which I'm all signed up for now!!)

L'Ortolan from Lilli Carré on Vimeo.



Anyways I just wanted to share those things with you! I'll be back this week between work, sun, and studio time!

No comments:

Post a Comment