Friday, September 3, 2010

Good things to know

This is just going to be a quickie because I have to hop along to the grocery store and start cooking for yet another weekend retreat at my friend Lauren's cabin tomorrow. Since becoming vegan I think I've done more cooking than I've done in my entire life - Darrin and I have been slowly investing in more and more vegan cookbooks and I thought I'd share a video made by the best vegan chefs I've found so far: Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. So far we have





and they have the best recipes so far. I also just stumbled across their online show 'Post Punk Kitchen'- these ladies are very cute and informative and in this particular episode you may even learn some spanish... What more could you ask for?



My menu for this weekend includes:

Isa's 'Fettuccine Alfreda' - a vegan fettuccini alfredo made with pine nuts to give it that creamy taste

Isa and Terry's 'Sell Your Soul Pumpkin Cookies'

and Isa's 'Curried Tempeh - Mango Salad Sammiches'

Sounds great right? I'll be sure to post pictures as long as they turn out!

And yet another plug for our Pickle Party at the Art Barn Friday Sept.17th - Kara just finished the party poster! Is she talented or what? If you're in Winnipeg be sure to come on down - all the funds raised will go towards creating a room with a chop saw in the art barn where students can build stretchers to make their beautiful paintings!

showing up + buying beer = enriching your arts community!

No comments:

Post a Comment