Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How many times can I swear in a post?

I feel like there's so many things to post about and so little time...

First, we had a rad BitchinStitch last night! There was vegan banana bread (thanks Kelly!), feta cheese dip (thanks Jen), and Verde vanilla Earl Grey tea (and thanks Kaja)! Weird combo but how can you go wrong? Jen was a newbie at the Bitch last night and is a more experienced knitter than all of us so soon we will be making thumb holes just like her. I also finished my scowl (scarf/cowl) last night! I think it could possibly be the easiest thing in the world to knit but it looks bitchin. You knit as if you're knitting a scarf then stop when you run out of yarn..... attach the ends with a massive button and you're in business! I think I'm going to challenge myself for the next project and work on a fingerless mitt pattern that was given to me by Melanie Wesley at a Stitch and Bitch at the Leg. I'm so excited about all the interest 'The Bitch' is getting and am starting to think we may need more space than the living room of my apartment....








Thought I'd also post some pictures of paintings I've been working on. Abstract is a very new thing for me - along with stretching a canvas and using oils but I think after the past month I've gotten the hang of it. These paintings are still in progress but 'The Camper' is nearing completion.



'The Camper' 4x6ft (I'm ball-parking) oil on canvas

Also, November is coming up fast and lots of exciting things are going on. Blog-wise, Leigh-Ann of Freckled Nest will be turning my little blog into a website! I'll keep you updated on that but just a heads up that things may seem a little wonky/be under construction for a while. I don't know what this will entail yet but I will let you know as I know. I've been planning this for a few months now and I can't wait for the finished product! I will also be having a show at the Starving Artist Gallery at Degrees Diner at the U of M starting Nov. 1 until Dec. 1. It will be a collection of my work from the past year or so, so if you have a chance you should stop by. And the date is uncertain but there will be an opening night at some point so I'll be sure to keep you posted on that.

Just to end off.... Here's a quote from my painting prof Sharon Alward that I find more and more relevant and can't get out of my head... "Painting is a moment from you - not you."

No comments:

Post a Comment