Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hollandaise

Just for fun I thought I'd share my reference images for my final painting for the year. I'm working on the biggest canvas I have ever tackled (8ft x 4ft) so I'm incredibly pumped for that. I plan on combining food, landscapes, and possibly sex into one painting so I've gathered the following images to help me get going. I really like the idea of painting eggs benedict because I love eggs and I love the 'gooiness' of hollandaise sauce. I couldn't find the right eggs benny image so Darrin and I dropped by Safeway the other night and made our first eggs benny (at 10pm...) I set one up as little mock landscape to get me going.




I was drooling over Dana Schutz's work the other day and I plan on having her work open on my mac for inspiration as I paint. I love how playful her work is...

2 comments:

  1. These combinations are going to be beautiful!
    I can't wait to see how it turns out...you will post, right??

    GORGEOUS GORGEOUS work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely post and thank you!

    ReplyDelete