Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Learning new tricks

Today was great. As I said earlier I met up with Melanie Wesley at her studio/home to make the shawl this afternoon. First off, Melanie's place is amazing - filled with colour, art, and the smell of sweetgrass - it was a pleasure to be in her little realm. And talk about a cool studio! My studio is a disaster zone compared to her organized and beautiful space filled with mannequins adorned in her creations. Case in point - here are some of the latest creations from her studio:





Ok so here's what I'm most excited about. I've never used a sewing machine by myself before and look what Mel helped me create - my shawl!




I will hopefully be able to recreate more of these bad boys by myself now with fabric I make from the new workshop I signed up for. I'm really excited because I know a fair amount of people in the class already - Mel, my friend Wanda June, and her husband Jim! It's going to be great.

I've got to get to bed now though because I've got an impromptu studio visit with Neil Wedman, a visiting artist who teaches at Emily Carr tomorrow.

Oh and here's my cat Toulouse sitting like a person again...

No comments:

Post a Comment