Saturday, December 5, 2009

Scattered Inspiration

Lately I've been looking at colour, shape, and pattern a lot in order to find reference pictures for my paintings. The inspiration for my next painting is very scattered but I thought I'd share some of the images I'm looking at because the colours are beautiful and I can't wait to mix them!

We're reading Heart of Darkness in my Lit class right now and watched clips of Apocalypse Now in class yesterday and I couldn't get over how amazing the colours were - I am definitely going to recreate the cotton candy pink and army green - the colour scheme for this movie is incredible.





I also love the colour scheme in Amelie - I may steal some colours from this movie and mesh them in with Apocalypse Now


And I really like the repetition and shapes in this photo of swimming salmon - I may make it my starting point


Off to a dinner date now! Hope everyones having a relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment