Friday, January 7, 2011

"... highly creative feverishness."

I just came back from my first hot yoga class all by myself and I am still quite 'buzzed' and can't get to sleep. After being unimpressed with the last place I went to I tried another studio today and it was a success! I feel great and plan on making this a regular part of my routine. 

I'm also excited because it was just confirmed today that enough people signed up for my Abstract Landscapes in Acrylic class and I will start teaching a weekly adult class next week! I've been creating a syllabus for the class and have been scouring the internet for artists to introduce my class to who deal with abstract landscapes. I've decided to keep the definition of landscape loose as to not stifle creativity  and these are a handful of the contemporary painters I will be showing the class. Scouring the internet for artists is really a great exercise - I should do this more often!

Melanie Authier




Thomas Sheibitz 



Hernan Baas


I feel like this could be a stretch on a 'landscape' but it's pretty great...





Ricky Allman





And a great quote I found that my painting prof, Sharon Alward, had sent us last year...


“The creative process is a cocktail of instinct, skill, culture and a highly creative feverishness. It is not like a drug; it is a particular state when everything happens very quickly, a mixture of consciousness and unconsciousness, of fear and pleasure; it’s a little like making love. It can be as violent as f*cking, like an orgasm or an ejaculation. The result is often disappointing, but the process is highly exciting.” Francis Bacon

And don't forget! If you're in the city tonight, be sure to pop by Gallery Ingenue for the opening of Interiors/Exteriors: Selected Works by Ashley Gillanders and Timothy Dyck!

No comments:

Post a Comment